J.D. Power’s AMR event is an exclusive knowledge exchange for automotive marketers, offering intelligent solutions, performance best practices, industry insights, and innovative networking opportunities for business success. Together with our strategy team, we developed the AMR 2018 theme to be Marketing in The Age of Digital Transformation. The work needed to align with the following:
• Connects the event to the overall J.D. Power brand
• Appeals to automotive, digital marketing leaders
• Aligns to the event purpose, positioning and personality
• Enables freshness each year while building equity year-over-year
• Can be easily applied to all online and offline event elements
As the creative director on this project, I offered design guidance to the J.D. Power internal team to develop the branding and look & feel of the event. After a site visit, I created an attendee journey indicating proper directional signage and branding opportunities. Together with the engineer team, we developed a floor plan approved by the fire marshal of the hotel. I designed the archway for the main entrance and art directed our production team. I worked together with our event services team to source rental furniture and with our live production department to create the stage that I designed.